The Egyptian Mau resembles a wild cat with its leopard-like fur and athletic body.is one of the oldest cat breeds in the world. A rare and valuable breed, they were considered sacred in Ancient Egypt. The origins of the Egyptian Maus, which is thought to be depicted in the historical artifacts of Ancient Egypt, date back to the 2000s BC. These cats, which are thought to be worshiped in Egypt, were recognized in Europe after the II. After World War II, they were taken to Russian palaces and their species were preserved. Thanks to their patterns and active nature, Egyptian Maus fascinated people, and after Europe, they began to be bred in the United States in the 1980s. Thus, these cats, whose fame has spread all over the world, are more known for running very fast and being excellent hunters. Standing out with their sharp intelligence as well as their physical beauty and abilities, Egyptian Maus are extremely adaptable cats
General Characteristics of the Egyptian Mau Cat
- As their name suggests, they are creatures of Egyptian origin and are one of the oldest cat breeds in the world.
- They are medium sized athletic cats. Their weight ranges from 4 to 6 kilograms.
- Their fur consists of black and smoked regular patterns on cream tones. They are likened to small wild cats because their patterns resemble leopards.
- Their eyes are usually in shades of yellow, green and amber.
- They are excellent hunters.
- It is one of the fastest running domestic cats in the world.
- They are social and adaptable cats.
- They are intelligent cats, open to training and learning.
- They are very playful and moderately active creatures.
- They are gregarious animals that enjoy physical contact with their owners.
- They do not hesitate to express their wishes and needs to their owners by meowing. They are talkative cats.
- Average life expectancy is 15 years.
Egyptian Mau Cat Care
Although they run very fast, the Egyptian Mau cat , which does not show a high degree of mobility , can be chased by anything in motion at home. It is extremely enjoyable to watch him play. These species, which can spend hours playing with insects and flies that enter the house, are excellent hunters and do not hesitate to show their talents. He offers you all kinds of insects and objects he catches as a gift, and he likes to be appreciated. You can give the cat reward bars as he expects you to reward him after the gifts he brings to you .
These species are notorious for being talkative. In this respect, they are ideal housemates for those who live alone. You can talk to him for hours. They are also warm-blooded creatures that will come to your lap and make you love them. For this reason, you should always make room for him in your lap and next to you. Since they move very quickly, they can scare you from time to time by suddenly running. When you get used to his sudden movements, the problem will disappear.
The Egyptian Maus is a companion who will bring joy to the house, as they are ready for action as well as loving to sleep and rest peacefully. These cats, which adapt quickly to the environment they live in and immediately adopt their home, are also very fond of their owners. Therefore, they are not suitable to be left alone at home for a long time. It is a species that treats people warmly even to people they do not know. You can get them a playmate as they get along well with other pets as well. But the pet you choose for the Egyptian Maus should be calm and understanding so that it can tolerate our cute cat. Birds, hamsters and turtles are not suitable housemates. At this point, it should not be forgotten that they are very good hunters.