Being an excellent hunter as well as their intelligence and willingness to learn, Japanese Bobtail cats attract attention with their short and curved tails. This cat breed, also known as the Japanese Bobtail, was accepted as a separate breed in 1968. They are among the rarest cats in the world and have emerged as a result of natural mutation. The history of these cats, which have been the subject of the legends of the Far East, actually goes back to ancient times. They have been called the local cat of Japan since they were brought to Japan from China during the imperial period. Known as “singing cats” in Japan because they are very talkative, Japanese Bontail cats have been frequently used in the field of pest control in their homeland, thanks to their excellent hunting skills.
General Characteristics of the Japenese Bobtail Cat
- As their name suggests, Japan is their homeland.
- It is a medium sized cat breed. Adults of these cats should weigh between 2.5 kilograms and 5 kilograms.
- They are short haired. Their feathers consist of black or brown spots in certain areas on white. Japanese Bobtail cats with other fur colors are also available.
- Their eyes are usually green in color. There are also those whose two eyes are different colors.
- Their distinctive physical features are their curved and short tails.
- They are excellent hunters.
- It is a very active and active cat breed.
- They are very playful and brave animals.
- They are noisy and chatty cats. They try to communicate with people by meowing and humming excessively.
- They are not afraid of water, they even like to play with it.
- They are very intelligent and open to learning creatures.
- They are social cats. They get along very well with other pets and people.
- They are extremely loyal and loyal to their owners.
- They don’t like to be alone at all.
- There are no known health problems. They are among the healthiest cats in the world.
- They have a lifespan of up to 15 years.
Japenese Bobtail Cat Care
Japanese Bobtails are not difficult animals to care for when you spend enough time and care for them. Since they are short-haired, it would be appropriate to comb them once a week. You also do not need to bathe these cats. But because they love water, they won’t object to taking a bath.
If you want to adopt these cats, which have very good relations with people and are very attached to their owners, you should spend a lot of time at home and not leave them alone. If you have to leave the house and your cat is left alone for a long time during the day, you can also get a pet to befriend him. Because Japanese Bobtail cats are very social animals and are eager to live with other pets. Also, getting another pet will be a serious advantage for you. Because Japanese Bobtails are very active and playful creatures. Cat toys as they are very active and energeticyou can take them away. These cats tend to play with a single toy, as they are habit-dependent creatures. That’s why it’s important to choose the right toy. You can play complex games with these cats and train them, thanks to their brilliant minds and quick learning abilities.