Discovered in the 1960s in the state of California, USA, Ragdoll cats are a very intelligent cat breed and can easily learn anything that other cat breeds have difficulty learning. These cats, who get on very well with people and are very attached to their owners, are also known for their beauty. Ragdoll cats, also called “White Persian Cats” because of their long and soft fur , are affectionate and social animals. The reason why these cats are named Ragdoll, which means “rag doll”, is because when they come to your lap, they can stay motionless like a doll and sit on your lap for hours. Ragdoll cats, who desperately need to be loved and rewarded, fascinate those who see them with their dense fur and blue eyes that feel silk when touched.
Ragdoll Cat General Characteristics
- Their homeland is the state of California, United States of America.
- They are medium-sized cats, weighing between 4.5 kilograms and 7 kilograms.
- They have a muscular body.
- They have long, dense and soft hairs.
- Their feathers can be any color, but those with white bodies and black faces and tails are very popular. In some, this black color may be in shades of brown.
- Since their lifespan is longer than other cat breeds, their development is slow. They are considered pups up to 4 years old.
- Their eyes are usually blue in color.
- Their voices are very soft and subtle. They show their needs such as food and love by meowing.
- They are much more intelligent than other cat breeds. With their keen intelligence, they can learn even complex things and understand most of what is said to them.
- They are playful cats, but not overly active.
- They are warm and social animals. They form very close relationships with people. They are very attached to their owners.
- They show the characteristics of a complete lap cat. They like to be loved and touched a lot.
- They have a predisposition to heart ailments. Since they are not very active, they tend to gain weight especially if they have been neutered.
- With good care, they can live up to 17 years.
Ragdoll Cat Care
As human as they are beautiful, Ragdoll cats are very open to learning and being trained because they are so intelligent. They understand almost everything you say and always want to get along with you. If you want to adopt a Ragdoll cat, you need to make sure that you have plenty of time to play with and care for him. Ragdoll cats, which require a lot of attention, do not get out of their owners’ laps like a baby, as their name suggests.
These beautiful animals, which never leave their owners, are among the cat breeds that have the best relationship with people. Being an ideal pet for families with children is due to their docile and patient nature. Also known for being not overly active, these cats rarely pull their nails even when they are very angry, so you can safely leave them alone with your children.
Ragdoll cats show their intelligence in all areas. They can easily convey their wishes to their owners thanks to their fine intelligence. Because they are very talkative, they talk to you about their problems and communicate with their owners by meowing. Ragdoll cats, which require a lot of attention, need frequent brushing because they have long hair. Brushing it at least once every two days will be beneficial for skin health. At the same time, since he swallows hair while cleaning himself, taking cat vitamin paste will help you prevent the problems that may arise as a result of hair ingestion .