The Siberian Forest cat, also known as the Siberian cat, is one of the largest known domestic cats in the world. Siberian Forest cats, which are also one of the oldest cats in the world, are thought to have been on earth for over a thousand years. Since the wild forests of Siberia, which is one of the coldest places in the world, are their homeland, they have long hairs that enable them to live in these conditions. Siberia cats, which are very similar to Norwegian Forest cats in terms of physical characteristics, have the opposite character of their wild appearance. These cats are calm, affectionate and social creatures.
General Characteristics of Siberian Forest Cat
- Their homeland is Siberia.
- They are large sized cats. Siberian cats weigh between 5 kilograms and 9 kilograms. Body lengths can range from 45 centimeters to 60 centimeters.
- It is a natural cat breed, they are not produced.
- They have long hair and thick fur that allows them to withstand the cold, suitable for the conditions in which they live.
- Their feathers can be any color.
- They molt during the seasons.
- They mature late. They are considered cubs until they are 5 years old.
- They have a muscular, strong and durable body. They are very agile animals.
- They are very active and active creatures.
- They like to run and climb more than play games.
- Contrary to their appearance, they are not aggressive cats. They have a calm temperament.
- They are social animals. They establish warm relationships with people.
- They are very loyal and affectionate cats.
- They like to be in open spaces. They are cats that specialize in climbing trees.
- They are not afraid of water, they are very good swimmers.
- They do not have a predisposition to a hereditary disease.
- Their life span is 15 years.
Siberian Forest Cat Care
The Siberian cat is a natural breed of cat known for its beautiful coat. Living in the wild forests in the harsh conditions of Siberia, these cats do not like to stay indoors all the time. For this reason, it is possible to walk with a leash like a dog. If you want to adopt a Siberian cat, cat collars for himyou have to choose between and take him on many nature walks. Because of their desire to run and climb in open areas, these cats are more suitable for homes with gardens. You can easily leave it alone in the garden. He will definitely come back to you as he is a very loyal cat breed. You don’t have to worry too much that something will happen to you while you’re out. Because Siberian Forest cats are among the largest domestic cats and they are very smart and cautious animals. In addition, their dense and long hairs protect them from cold weather conditions.
Since Siberia cats are long-haired, their hair care should be done regularly. These cats, which need to be combed at least three times a week, shed in autumn and spring. Frequent brushing during these seasons will be beneficial for both you and your cat’s health. Siberian Forest cats, which are very fastidious, do not need a bath. But they love water. But their fur is difficult to dry. Due to their meticulous nature, their sands need to be cleaned frequently.
Since it is a very durable and natural cat breed, it has no known hereditary diseases. These cats can live an average of 15 years as long as their eyes are taken care of and they are fed quality food, as well as hair, nails and dental care.