Snowshoe cats, which have their roots in Siamese cats, have a very cute appearance. They get their name from their snow-white paws . These cats, which began to be produced in the United States in the 1960s, were actually known a long time ago. Although it is thought that it is not a unique breed by some circles, these cats, which are very popular, are fascinating animals with their cat-specific character traits. The biggest difference from other cats is that they adopt and adopt the people they live in the same house. This trait is even more noticeable in female Snowshoe cats. Snowshoe, whose eyes are always on their owners their cats want to be with you every minute. These cats, which form a special bond with one person and get along well with other people and pets in the house, are ideal creatures for those who live alone and spend a lot of time at home.
General Characteristics of the Snowshoe Cat
- They began to be produced in the United States.
- They are medium-sized cat breeds. Males can weigh between 4 and 5.5 kilograms, although this number is less in female Snowshoe cats.
- The hair is of medium length and dense.
- The feather color is usually shades of cream color. Their ears are bitter brown, their eyes and body have brown patterns. Their paws are snow white. It takes its name from these paws.
- Their eyes are usually blue in color.
- They have an athletic body structure.
- They are smart cats.
- They are not aggressive animals.
- They are creatures of habit. They like routine.
- They are social animals. They are friendly even to people they don’t know. They also get along well with children and other pets.
- Although they are attached to a single person at home, they establish warm relations with the entire household.
- They are very attached to their owners in a way not seen in other cat breeds.
- They are sensitive to human emotions.
- These creatures, which are a healthy type of cat, can live up to almost 20 years.
Snowshoe Cat Care
An ideal cat for those who live alone, Snowshoe can be your best friend for many years with its unprecedented devotion and loyalty. Female Snowshoe cats, in particular, are never far from their owners. For this reason, these cats, which are suitable for those who spend a lot of time at home and those who work from home, are very sensitive to human emotions thanks to their developed empathy skills. Snowshoe cats, who want to come to you wherever you are in the house and keep an eye on you throughout the day, try to act in a way that pleases you by weighing your feelings. These cats, who get along well with everyone in the house, tend to form a special bond with a person they choose in the house.
Snowshoe cats can open doors because of their intelligence and resourcefulness. For this reason, if you have chosen to live with a Snowshoe, you should always keep the outer door of the house locked and wire the windows. Otherwise, your cat may run out of the house and get into trouble.
The most important aspects of caring for Snowshoe cats are spending time with them, reciprocating their love and keeping them safe. Apart from these points, it is sufficient to brush the fur of Snowshoes, which are not difficult to care for and are in good health, twice a week.