Cat care is not just about giving him food and playing with him. Hair, nail and dental care is also one of the responsibilities of cat keepers. Ensuring that the cat can easily meet the toilet needs is one of the important pillars of cat care. For this , you need cat toilets and cat litters suitable for your cat’s size . Cat litters are products that must be kept in the living spaces of cats.
Cat owners often determine over a long period of time which litter is ideal for their cat , as they do when choosing cat food . It is important that the cat litter you will use is of good quality and does not harm your cat’s health, as well as being useful for humans.
Features of Cat Litters
There are many different types of cat litter on the market. Cat litters are basically divided into two according to the material from which they are produced. This distinction is made between cat litters that do not contain any chemicals and those that contain these substances. It is written on the packages of pure litter, also called natural cat litter, that they are bentonite, diatomite or sepiolite. Cat litter produced from wood shavings is also an example of natural ones. Cat litter containing additives, on the other hand, has features such as strong liquid absorption and odor prevention. Silica cat litter is one of these products.
Features That Your Cat Litter Should Have
- The priority in choosing litter should be the health of your cat. That’s why it’s important to choose natural cat litter. However, this selection may not have the properties of trapping liquid and feces and removing odor. In this case, cleaning your cat’s litter frequently will eliminate the problem.
- Cat litter should be antibacterial. Anti-bacterial cat litter traps bacteria that arise from feces and urine.
- Although cats are very hardy animals, they can be allergic to odors and dust. For this reason, the cat litter you buy should be odorless and should not produce too much dust. If your cat sneezes after going to the toilet, replace the litter with an odorless and less dusty one. Thus, you protect your cat’s respiratory tract.
- Cat litter should be strong in terms of clumping and absorbency properties. Since cats are very meticulous creatures, they do not want to smell the smell of feces and urine, and their wet litter causes them to either do their toilet needs outside of the sand or not at all. Quality cat litter will cover all the feces, trapping the bad odor, and will clump together by strongly absorbing the urine. In this way, you will be able to easily clean the clumped sand without being exposed to odor. In addition, clumped sands can be used for a much longer time.
- The fine and coarse grained litter you choose for your cat is also an important criterion in the selection of litter. Because very fine-grained litter can get into cats’ eyes, trachea, and even their genitals and intestines, it can not only cause cats to have an allergic reaction, but also cause other major problems. The disadvantage of fine-grained sand for you is that it sticks to the paws and causes the whole house to remain in the sand. Coarse-grained sand, on the other hand, does not provide full hygiene, as it will not completely cover the stool and will be less lumpy. For this reason, you should be careful that the litter you will determine for your cat is not too coarse-grained or too fine-grained.
- Do not forget to clean the cat litter daily to keep your cat healthy. Also, completely renew the cat litter at least once a week.